Welcome! We are pleased to announce the 2015 Glendale Piano Competition.
Here is a quick view of some important information for the competition for this year :
- The competition is open to students in Grades 3-12.
- Auditions will be held on Saturday, April 25, 2015 in and around Glendale, CA.
- Registration begins on February 1st and continues through March 15th. Applications submitted after midnight on Sunday, March 8, 2015 will be charged a $60 late fee. Please see registration for more information.
- No changes to audition repertoire will be permitted after registration closes on March 15th.
- Competitors in the Junior Division (grade 3-8) will present one piece and the auditions will not exceed 6 minutes.
- Competitors in the Senior Division (grades 9-12) will present TWO pieces: one selection from either the Baroque or Classical period AND one selection from either the Romantic, Impressionist, or Contemporary period
- Auditions for those in the Senior Division (grades 9-12) will last 10 minutes, although the combined length of the pieces may be longer than 10 minutes. Judges will stop the audition at their discretion within the time limit. This will not affect the scores.
- The Winners’ Concert will be held the evening of Saturday, May 2nd. Please see our Winners Concert page for details. Winners who are not in attendance will forfeit their awards.