Welcome! We are pleased to announce the dates of the 2017 Glendale Piano Competition: auditions will be Saturday, April 22, 2017, and the winners’ concert will be one week later on Saturday, April 29, 2017.
Here is a quick view of some important information for the competition for 2017:
- The competition is open to students in Grades 3-12. The competition consists of private auditions before a panel of judges who select winners to perform at a winners’ concert one week later.
- Auditions will be held on Saturday, April 22, 2017, in and around Glendale, CA.
- Registration begins on March 1st. Applications submitted after midnight on Sunday, March 26, 2017 will be charged a $60 late fee. Please see registration for more information.
- No changes to audition repertoire will be permitted after registration closes on Friday, March 31st.
- Competitors in the Junior Division (grade 3-8) will present one piece and the auditions will not exceed 6 minutes.
- Competitors in the Senior Division (grades 9-12) will present TWO pieces: one selection from either the Baroque or Classical period AND one selection from either the Romantic, Impressionist, or Contemporary period
- Auditions for those in the Senior Division (grades 9-12) will last 10 minutes, although the combined length of the pieces may be longer than 10 minutes. Judges will stop the audition at their discretion within the time limit. This will not affect the scores.
- The Winners’ Concert will be held the evening of Saturday, April 29, 2017. Please see our Winners Concert page for details. Winners who are not in attendance will forfeit their awards.